[Gimp-developer] GSoC 2012 participating

Hello, GIMP devs!
I want to participate in GSoC 2012 in GIMP project.

I am interesting in "Implement GEGL ops that GIMP need" idea. It is interesting algorithmic and performance tasks. This task splited to several ops so it have low entry barrier.

I am a 4-th year student from Kostroma State Technology University (Russia). I didn't take part in well-known opensources projects yet. But I have own opensource project[1] written in C (it is pidgin protocol-plugin for russian IM service). I am familiar with C and Java. I have experience with svn/git.

What should I do to be accepted?

Nikolay Antonov
---
[1] http://code.google.com/p/mrim-prpl/