Re: [Gimp-developer] Regular GIMP news; lack of developers

that's not mean that you are right.
please think from the user perspective
indeed you don't expect them to link to your builds
that's does not mean that they should not do that.

from a developer point of view they have some reasons for that - connected with the credibility of the GIMP stable release probably.

why they don't point to your builds ? ..I don't know.
this is a gap on communication also - many users ..let say early adopters can use those unstable builds for giving back bug reports or usability issues.

reducing the gap - you reduce the feedback.

> I would expect the user groups to keep a link to gimp.org

this is a problem of egg and chicken - they would not be there (90% of them - I take out the "visitors by mistake" of gimpusers) if they don't have GIMP already.

>Moreover, there are other sites
>such as Gimpchat.com (my favorite), gimptalk.com, etc. Should they be
>linked as well? :)

yes - it's all about communication - why stay hide ? why so much caution and for what reason ? too much Ying or too much Yang is not good either - a strong community involve communication ..consider those links as bridges. Maybe you can't imagine how powerful media vector Internet is ;)

2012/3/12 Partha Bagchi <partha1b gmail com>
On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 5:45 PM, SorinN <nemes sorin gmail com> wrote:
>> Maybe you could put a link to gimpusers.com on the front page.
>
> Why?
>
> - because it will not hurt
> - because it's somewhat logic (why not keeping a link to a community of
> users ?)

I would think this is the other way around? :) I would expect the user
groups to keep a link to gimp.org? I build Windows versions and don't
expect gimp.org to link to my site. Moreover, there are other sites
such as Gimpchat.com (my favorite), gimptalk.com, etc. Should they be
linked as well? :)

> 2012/3/12 Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com>

...[deleted]

--
Nemes Ioan Sorin