Re: [Gimp-developer] Bring back normal handling of other file formats

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 05:15:53PM -0400, Jay Smith wrote:
> On 06/20/2012 04:40 PM, Marco Ciampa wrote:
> >On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 04:04:31PM -0400, Jay Smith wrote:
> >>ONE QUESTION... relating to locking down Gimp upgrades due to this
> >>situation: As of Gimp 2.6.6 (on Ubuntu Linux), the creation perms
> >>for TIFF (and I think some other) file types are wrong.  I reported
> >>this bug (after being told that *I* must be doing something wrong)
> >>and the bug was quickly confirmed&  fixed in development versions
> >>(thank you for that).  However, what is the most recent (if there is
> >>one at all) non-development Gimp version (to run on Ubuntu 8.04 or
> >>10.04) that contains the creation perms fix AND is BEFORE the new
> >>save-export-mess version?
> >
> >This is a question you should ask to the Ubuntu people, not here,
> >however...just upgrade to last LTS version 12.04 will bring you last 2.6
> >GIMP version: 2.6.12.
> >
> >See: http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/graphics/gimp
> >
> >bye
>
> Marco,
>
> Thanks for your quick reply to this, but I guess what I was asking
> was more general -- I am sorry that was not clear enough.
>
> What is the latest non-development version (of which compilable
> source code can be obtained) that would include the perms fix, but
> be before the save/export change.
>
> I do not know if the perms fix got into 2.6.12.  Is there any way to
> know other than to install and find out?  I imagine that here is a
> changelog somewhere but I am not sure where.
>
> Thanks again.

Sorry for the misunderstanding... ok try this: test it by yourself!
Start a UBUNTU 12.04 live and install GIMP 2.6.12. Don't worry, it
installs it in RAM not on disk... then try it out if the defect is still
there... if it is still there...then you have to use the newer GIMP
2.8.0 ...

Go test and report about it!

bye

--