Re: [Gimp-developer] Suspending display update

There are no pdb calls to change the view settings.  I've always duplicated the image and worked on the duplicate without it being displayed.  Also disable the undo stack of this duplicate to save memory.

-Rob A >

From: "Ofnuts" <ofnuts laposte net>
To: "gimp-developer-list gnome org" <gimp-developer-list gnome org>
Sent: June 14, 2012 4:08 AM
Subject: [Gimp-developer] Suspending display update

I have a python plugin that does very many bucket-fills (potentially
several thousands) on small selections. While it runs I see the
selections in the image window (but curiously, not the painting), and
the painting on the layer thumbnail in the layers list. I assume theses
display update take a significant amount of CPU and the script could run
faster without them? Is there some way to suspend these updates or is
the only technique to duplicate everything in a display-less image and
copy back the result?