Re: [Gimp-developer] Progress towards GIMP 2.8?

2012/1/19 Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com>:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Jeremy Morton wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Seems GIMP deadline is doing the usual thing - slipping.  :-)  This page
>> used to indicate that 2.8 would be released near the beginning of 2012; now
>> it's back to March:
>>
>> http://tasktaste.com/projects/Enselic/gimp-2-8
>>
>> Can any major developers give an indication of how near we are to a 2.8
>> release?  I'm really looking forward to it!!!
>
> That page is kinda updated by a major developer and it doesn't serve
> as a too damn good indicator. Do you still want indications from major
> developers? :)

How is that not a good indicator? It lists (should list) what we have
left to do before we can release 2.8 along with both an estimate of
when it will be done as well as a history of the progress so the
likeliness of the estimate can be evaluated. It is the best estimate
of a 2.8 release available.

/ Martin

--

My GIMP Blog: