Re: [Gimp-developer] ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.8.2 released

On 24.08.12 01:20 Marco Ciampa wrote:

So what? Where is the 2.8.1 version gone?

Odd third numbers now indicate snapshot releases. Those are public, but unofficial, builds between two official releases with even third numbers. They contain the latest stable release plus some patches. AFAIK this addresses for instance Partha's and Simone's builds, the new nightly builds or those at www.graphicall.org (correct me if I'm wrong).

Kind regards,

Sven