Re: [Gimp-developer] What about switching from Gtk+ to Qt

> Von: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com>

> I'm glad that you're having tons of fun discussing deep philosophical
> standpoints, but for the mere mortals... TL;DR: should I be adding "We
> like autotools and think you should apologize for calling them
> autohell" to our new FAQ?

Add

"Occasionally, we get requests to port GIMP to a different programming language, a different toolkit or different build toolchain. If you came here to propose any of this, make sure that your proposal includes examples for shortcomings of the currently used things and benefits of your suggested solutions.

Keep in mind that GIMP is being built on several platforms, and we'd like to use the same programming language, toolkit and build tools on all of them. Your personal preferences will be irrelevant - you don't have to convince yourself to use your suggestions, you have to convince other people to do so."

Regards,
Michael