[gedit-list] How can I help?

Everyone,

I'm new to working on open source projects like this, but I've been programming for the past several years in gedit and figured it's about time for me to give back to the community. What can I do to help you guys out, and what's the correct way to go about working on this project? I was thinking about working on something like Bug 485471. I read over all the gnome-love stuff but I'm still not totally sure how working on a project like this works.

--
Thanks,
Travis Olbrich