Re: [gedit-list] Copying: numbers & words w/ Gedit 2.30.3

Yesterday before I left work I downloaded a plugin called "Click Config" from http://code.google.com/p/gedit-click-config/ . I have not yet used this plugin, but it purports to configure regular expressions for various mouse clicks – single, double, etc. This allows the user to define what characters are selected on a “word selection”, that is, a double click.

This has been one of my biggest gripes while using gedit. Hopefully, this plugin will fix that issue.

From: gedit-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:gedit-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Matt Curcio
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 3:05 PM
To: gedit-list gnome org
Subject: [gedit-list] Copying: numbers & words w/ Gedit 2.30.3

Greetings All,
I have come across an interesting observation.  When using Gedit on Ubuntu 10.04 I have found that when I try to copy an alphanumerical string (e.g. name1 or 1name) by double left clicking I am only able to 'pick up' the 'name' portion only without the number as a suffix or prefix.  Vice versa when I click on the number I pick up the number and do not get the name.

Is this a pecularity of my system or of Gedit 2.30.3?  Has anyone else noticed this??
Cheers,
Matt

Matt Curcio
M: 401-316-5358