Re: [gedit-list] syntax highlighting for Igor Pro

On 12 Sep 2008 12:11:33 +0100, Alex Bartel <ac528 cam ac uk> wrote:
> Dear Durand, you can create syntax highlighting rules for any language by
> creating an XML file with the appropriate name. Go to
> /usr/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs/ (at least that's where I
have
> to go on my machine) or search for files which end with .lang and go into
> their folder. There you can create your own file, presumably call it
> something like igor_pro.lang and specify the highlighting rules. The
> easiest way to do this is to open an existing .lang file and to edit that
> accordingly. I don't know Igor Pro, but for example the rules for GAP, a
> mathematics package, are shipped with gedit, so you can try to take that
> as
> a template. Finally, this post might be helpful to get you started:

Durand,

In fact, the widget that is responsible for syntax highlighting is
GTKSourceView2. You can find the whole reference at
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtksourceview-2.0/stable/

There is a syntax highlighting reference that contains some tutorials.

Good luck!

--
Simon van der Linden