Re: [gedit-list] hiliting words that contain digits and underscores by double clicking

At 05:35 -0800 11/29/08, Jason Walker wrote:
How can I change the behavior of gedit so that when i double click on a C/C++ identifier, the whole identifier is selected, not just part of it. For instance, if I double-click on _t|his_is_my_identifier where | represents my mouse pointer's approximate position, only "this" is selected. What should I modify to change this?

Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:55:41 -0200
Subject: [gedit-list] selecting whole words when variables

That posting generated some comparisons to the way terminal behaves. The general conclusion of the resulting thread was that the operation is performed not in gedit but by the underlying text methods of GTk.

What's really needed is a variable, set for each document , that is a list of the characters that may comprise a word. $,  , -, _, [0-9], / ,. , and some more need to be included for different languages. Unicode could make the whole thing non-trivial. The usual technique is to step backwards until finding a non-word character and then forward for another.

Auto license plate numbers are my current frustration.

--

--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--