[gedit-list] Highlight a panel tab title

Hi,

I'm writing a small plugin for gEdit in Python. I have multiple tabs in
the bottom pane of the window, and once something happen in a tab which
is inactive, I'd like to catch the user attention. My idea was to
highlight the tab title (i.e. set its style to bold, or append '*')

I've been looking for a method to change the title properties, but
didn't find anything so far.

So my question is: is it possible, or not? If not, do you have a better
idea to catch the user attention, or do you think it'd be usefull to add
such a feature to gedit.Panel?

Simon van der Linden