[gedit-list] selecting whole words when variables

Hello

Is it possible to add some config to gedit so that when double clicking the following words, the whole word is selected and not just the text component:

$foo  (double click on foo and only foo is selected - would prefer $foo to be selected)
$foo_bar (double click on foo and only foo is selected - would prefer $foo_bar to be selected)

I snooped around various gedit files on my system, but could not find anything I thought was relevant

Cheers

Andrew