Re: [gedit-list] Tabulation per file type

Hi,
	we discussed your idea on IRC and we think the modelines plugin could
be extended to allow global defaults by mime-type.

We can think to have a simple text file  ~/.gnome2/gedit/modelines
containing a list of couple "mime-type: modelines".

It could been similar to (I'd use the kate-style modelines since they
are a bit less cryptic for newbies):

text/x-csrc: tab-width 4; space-indent on;
text/x-python: tab-width 8; space-indent off;

We can also think about supporting a per-directory .gedit.modelines file
like Kate does (see http://kate-editor.org/article/katepart_modelines).

Could you try to provide a patch for the modelines plugin?

Ciao,
Paolo