Re: [gedit-list] Announce: vigedit-26

2007/4/16, Ritesh Khadgaray <khadgaray gmail com>:
On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 12:07 +0200, Trond Danielsen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just released a new version of the vigedit plugin - the plugin that
> enables vi-style modal editing in gedit. It's not a big release, but
> the copy and paste behaviour has been improved.

Additional keybinding for Insert key to switch to insert_mode . I often
use this :)

/home/rkhadgar/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/ViGedit/vigtk.py
    def init_bindings(self):
        self.common_bindings = {
            gtk.keysyms.i: self.insert_mode,
            gtk.keysyms.Insert: self.insert_mode,

Fixed.

> You can find it here: http://www.open-gnss.org/~trondd/vigedit/

>From BUGS file
 - When the plugin is activated, vigedit is not enabled for existing
documents.

I believe this bug has been resolved, or am i looking at the wrong place ?

Indeed, the bug has been solved, but as you might have noticed, the
most buggy piece of vigedit is the BUGS file :). I'll see if I can't
update that too.

And may i suggest one more feature in ToDo

 - Delete key does not work in command mode.

Fixed.

ps : many thanks for vi mode for gedit . Now all we need is to plug
gedit into evolution, and own the world :P .

Nice to here that you find it useful! I'll try to find somewhere to
put the hg repo so that it is accessible from the internet, so that
you can get started on the evolution plugin :)

--
Trond Danielsen