Re: [gedit-list] Gedit Latex plugin

Hi all,

I'll upload what I have on the live.gnome.org page some time tomorrow (can't do it from home right now). And yes, Michael, we really should combine our efforts. I focused mainly on getting forward and inverse search working with xdvi. It would be *great* to have something similar workign with pdf, but that's probably quite a bit harder because AFAIK there is no support for that on the Evince/Acrobat side. I think xpdf does make it possible to get forward search working though---I"lll check.

As for syntax highlighting, this is mainly a matter of personal rpeference, but e.g. I'd like to see tex symbols highlighted differently from other characters in math mode---e.g. use a darkere shade of green. Also, maybe consider different highlighting for sectioning commands, labels/refs, and other latex commands.

But that's not very important atm.

Best, and again, I'll post what I have on Monday. BTW, the Python dbus (and gedit!) bindingings are great! They make inverse search really easy to implement with *zero* changes to gedit itself. I wonder if Evince has any support for dbus...