Re: [Geary] GNOME moving to Gitlab... and Geary?

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 9:03 PM, step21 <step21 devtal de> wrote:
If I remember correctly, the disagreements came also mostly because
people have different workflows/value different things, were not sure
about the capabilities of gitlab and/or regarding a migration, had
very different requirements for what should be transferred. Overall
the sentiment seemed very positive however, unless someone depends on
that some search option in bugzilla that will probably never be
exactly the same somewhere else.

Yeah, I think it's probably good move - getting closer integration between the bug tracker and the code repo should be really helpful for contributors, and having a more usable bug tracker UI should hopefully likewise reduce the barrier for reporting bugs.

Regarding bugs, especially if unconfirmed, maybe there could be a
cutoff date or version of bugs that are kept? Especially because if
they are not confirmed or not confirmed for the current version, it
will be difficult to get them to reproduce now, with maybe the
reporter not using geary anymore or not the same version.

In Bugzilla at the moment that's where the Needinfo status helps out. For Geary, I've been tagging bugs with where some additional info is needed (usually Geary version, desktop and distro, debug logs or backtraces), and so on as Needinfo with a note asking for the missing info. then waiting for a while (a few weeks/months) and if the reporter never replied, resolving as Incomplete with a note saying it can be reopened if it's still a problem. This works pretty well for the most part.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>