Re: [Geary] Bug Report wiki page - Stack Trace

Hey Federico,

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 10:20 PM, Federico Bruni <fede inventati org> wrote:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Geary/ReportingABug#Stack_Trace

In this page the following command is recommended for Fedora:

sudo debuginfo-install glib2 gtk3

but I think that the correct command in modern Fedora should be:

sudo dnf debuginfo-install glib2 gtk3

Oh, that's good to know, thanks. I'll update the wiki. What versions of Fedora should that work for?

However, it installs a lot of debuginfo packages. I wonder if this command should be better:

sudo dnf --enablerepo=fedora-debuginfo --enablerepo=updates-debuginfo install glib2-debuginfo gtk3-debuginfo

It's the one I used, but then I get some complaints from gdb about missing debuginfo packages:

Missing separate debuginfos, use: dnf debuginfo-install
[snip a bazillion packages]

For debugging Geary, glib2 gtk3 debug symbols are the most important, webkitgtk symbols are usually handy as well, but that consumes a lot of disk space and memory. Things like rhythmbox's symbols are definitely not needed.

It's weird that gdb is complaining about it, but it's probably Fedora-specific since that doesn't happen under Ubuntu/Debian.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>