[gdm-list] Greeter user list missing

Hello all,

In a thread on FedoraForums which has been closed
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=271313 , AdamW wrote:
"...but if you're missing a user, it can be due to using a UID below 1000."

When I installed F16, I was not aware that users were now assigned UID
other than the 50x that has been the norm for... ever? I also was
unaware that changing my UID to 500 would cause me to disappear from
the user list. I changed my UID on my new F16 installation to 500 in
order to avoid having to change the UID on all directories & files
that I have on about a dozen external backup or previous internal
drives.

Is there any way to change the greeter's behavior, or do I just keep
clicking "Not Listed"?

TIA,
-Loren