Re: [gdm-list] Increasing xsession-errors capacity

> I'm trying to debug a Nautilus extension, and since I can no longer
> run Nautilus from the console, I need to look in ~/.xsession-errors
> for any exceptions, syserr output, etc.
>
> The trouble is, after about 3000 lines I see the message
>
>     ...Too much output, ignoring rest...

The limit is hardcoded in that version of GDM.

Grab the sources, including the Debian patches, from
	http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/gdm
Apply the Debian patches (if you wish to not stray too far from the Debian
version). Then, modify daemon/display.h, line
	#define MAX_XSESSION_ERRORS_BYTES (80*2500)
That is the limit in bytes. It is an int, so 2147483647 is
typically the highest working limit.

If you wish to remove the limit entirely, remove the two if clauses
containing MAX_XSESSION_ERRORS_BYTES in daemon/slave.c.

Configure (I believe Debian uses --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc ?),
recompile and install GDM, and you should be good to go.

Cheers,
	Jouko Orava