Re: [gdm-list] Testing gdm

On Tue, October 7, 2008 10:32 am, Bob Doolittle wrote:
> BTW, if you have multiple *hardware* displays, this approach is
> problematic. If you're using a remote client virtual display such as
> Xvnc, thin clients, etc it works great.

Well, I'm ultimately concerned with 4 Xephyr sessions on top of a regular
X session, running on 4 hardware displays with 3 logins and one autologin.
 (Hey, why start small???!  :-) )

Right now the best approach I've found is a laptop next to my 4 headed box
that I can restart GDM from.  It's a bit more complicated but at least gdm
doesn't have too many dependencies and seems to work pretty well without a
'make install' - letting me run the test version from the build dir and
then doing a 'killall X Xephyr gdm && /etc/init.d/gdm restart' to get back
to the normal session.

--Yan

--
  o__

You are an adult when you realize that everyone's an idiot sometimes. You
are wise when you include yourself.