Re: [gdm-list] GDM color depth

Robert:

Currently I have gdm running on a Solaris 10 sparc machine, and the entire gdm-login screen is really pixulated, and I'm wondering if there is any way to fix this.

I do not remember if I'm part of the mailing list or not so if you could please cc on any responses

This doesn't have anything to do with GDM.  The problem is most likely
that your graphics card is setup for 8 bits rather than 24 bits.

You can check this by running:

% xdpyinfo | grep "depth of root window"

If your graphics card allows 24-bit support, you can update your
graphics card configuration to allow 24-bits and it should look better:

Instructions on how to switch to 24-bit are here:

  http://yippi.hypermall.com/monitor_setup.html

If your graphics card doesn't support 24-bit, then you are out of luck
unless you want to buy a newer graphics card that does support it.

Brian