Re: [gdm-list] GDM D-Bus on Solaris

On 8/29/07, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron sun com> wrote:

> Ray:
>
> Thanks for the tip.  I was configuring GDM with --sysconfdir=/etc/X11 so the
> dbus configuration files were not being installed to the right place.  Now
> I use --sysconfdir=/etc and, after restarting D-Bus, GDM is now starting
> okay and stays running.
>
> However, it doesn't manage any displays.  I don't see any messages echoed
> to the screen if I run with --no-daemon.  I do see a bunch of odd messages
> in the syslog.  Messages that look like this repeat.  Full log of the
> GDM D-Bus branch running on Solaris attached.

The error clobbering is now fixed.

2007-08-29  William Jon McCann  <mccann jhu edu>

	* daemon/gdm-local-display-factory.c:
	(create_displays_for_pci_devices):
	* daemon/test-hal-seats.c: (get_pci_seats):
	Initialize and free error in loop.

So, what the code is trying to do is detect local "seats" by looking
for graphics cards.  Also see:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2007-July/009160.html

Should be using a different approach with Solaris HAL?

Jon