Re: [gdm-list] delay gone in starting several servers

Hugo:

I just upgraded my system with Debian Sid to version 2.16.1 and
noticed a change in behavior:

What version were you using before?

I use 2 X servers and they used to start up not together but with a
slight delay between them.

That appears no longer true in the latest Debian unstable and testing versions.

Not sure if this delay was caused by GDM or something else.  Perhaps
another program (like the Xserver) was introducing the delay?  I don't
think there were any specific changes to GDM to make startup time for
the sessions faster, though there were many performance tunings in the
2.15 cycle.

Is there a parameter to get the old behavior back?

No.  You can either file a bug report if this is causing a problem for
you, or modify the code to add configuration for this sort of behavior.

Brian