[gdm-list] How to handle frequent resets?

We run multiple local X servers under gdm, each with its own screen, keyboard and mouse. We request advice on how to control "runaway" X servers. This could be a result of a user logging out and the X server couldn't restart due to a POST or other problem. Another phenomenon is the the server eats up 99% cpu with the result that it's keyboard and mouse input are frozen. Question: How could we launch the X servers in a script which would monitor their progress and automatically restart them in the event of such a problem. Other angles of attack would be warmly welcomed. It is imperative that we have ome automatic mechanism until Nvidia solve some problems with their boards, because in the meanwhile this causes children in the classroom much frustration.