Re: [gdm-list] docs/es/gdm.xml in CVS

Jani:

Yes, I think that the docs stuff isn't really done right.  It seems it
should be building the HTML version of the docs, but it just generates
the fairly useless omf files.  It would probably be nice if it installed
the html docs somewhere on the system, perhaps in /usr/share/gdm/docs.

Tommi Vainikainen did the gnome-docs-utils migration last July for GDM
and I don't think he really got it fully working.

docs/es/gdm.xml seems to get regenerated on each build but it is kept
under revision control too. It leads to spurious diffs here.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that in docs/Makefile.am there's this line
DOC_LINGUAS = es
which while I am not sure what it does it makes Spanish being treated
differently than the rest of the docs.

I'm not sure why Tommi tuned on DOC_LINGUAS for Spanish alone.  It
does seem that some of the doc is translated to Spanish, but not all
of it.  This probably needs some attention, but the gnome-docs-utils
stuff doesn't make much sense to me.

I'm also not sure if we should be saving the generated es/gdm.xml in
CVS.  Since it is generated, I'm guessing we should delete it from
CVS and just have it generated as necessary?  Not sure, we should get
some help from someone who understand how this affects l10n, etc.

Brian