Re: bug in gdm with font size in themes?

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 13:17, Søren Hansen wrote:
> ons, 2004-07-14 kl. 14:13 skrev Søren Hansen:
> > This happens because the 24 refers to number of points, not pixels. The
> > definition of a point is 1/72 inch. The actual number of pixels to use
> > it determined by the number of dots per inch (dpi) your display has.
>
> I forgot to mention that if your display is running 100 dpi, but you
> pass your X server "-dpi 75" on the commandline, it'll make the X server
> treat your display as being at 75 dpi, thus using smaller fonts. Try
> that.

Thanks but I don't want to do that.  I want to use the real dpi as
specified by the screen size in the XF86Config file otherwise
applications like the gimp would be displaying everything wrong...

Best regards,

	Anton
Linux NTFS maintainer / IRC: #ntfs on irc.freenode.net
WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/, http://www-stu.christs.cam.ac.uk/~aia21/