gdm doesn't restart (sometimes) after logout

Hello,

I have a problem with gdm. The situation is the following, gdm runs
fine for most of the time, but sometimes[1] after a logout it won't
restart and present a new login prompt, but instead it will just show
the console. The gdm process is in this situation still present, but
the X process is dead. I have currently no idea what could causing
this, since I haven't found a way to reproduce it. The only gdm
related message which I could find in the syslogs is this:

Nov 20 16:26:57 jcn14 gdm[30034]: gdm_slave_xioerror_handler: Fatal X error - Restarting :0

I am using Debian potato along with Ximian here, the gdm version is
2.2.2.1.

[1] something like one failure in 30 logouts

--
ICQ: 59461927                                      http://www.pingus.cx |
Ingo Ruhnke <grumbel gmx de>           http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/ |