Re: [gDesklets] Moving on to 0.36.2

Hi Bjoern,

On 10/05/2009 03:56 AM, Bjoern Koch wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
>> I believe I've fixed both of these with #126, but I have not looked at the
>> basic desklets.  Let me know what you think of it.
>>
> Great! Thanks a lot.
>
> I'll be digging deeper into the "make distcheck" problem as soon as I am
> going to be back from "a kind of short trip" (moving places really
> s***!) which will be next week.

I meant that I included fixes for the "make distcheck" problem in #126 -
it seems to execute cleanly now for me since it's no longer building the
shared mime files automatically.  The capability for the end user still
remains (as suggested on bug #264043).

And moving is the worst, take your time :)
> Furtheremore I am wondering if it wouldn't be better to have all
> Makefiles for the basic desklets be included into the basic desklets'
> branch so it would be much easier to prepare a release.

It would be nice to automate things more,  but what is there really that
you can do?  The desklets/controls don't need to be compiled, just kind
of moved into the tarball right?

> And another thing: how do we include all the translations from lp into
> the release ?
> Any idea or existing guide out there how this is done *the right way* ?

It seems this is the way:
https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/YourProject/Exports
> Finally I'll have a quick look on the latest basic desklets, too.

Anybody else able to help?  This seems like something even somebody
without commit access can do.

Joe