Re: yelp. epiphany don't like seamonkey

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:52:37 +0200, Maximilian-Clemens Anderer wrote:

> On Thursday 28 September 2006 17:44, Peter wrote:
>> Sorry to be a bother, but I wanted to report this:
>>
>> Slackware installs seamonkey and its dev libraries. Yelp and epiphany are
>> expecting the mozilla or xulrunner libs. Even after installing xulrunner,
>> the compile of those applications fail when it says that seamonkey is not
>> supported. Apparently, configure stops checking once it finds seamonkey,
>> even though xulrunner is installed too.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> +++++
>> Do not reply to this email, it is a spam trap and not monitored.
>> I can be reached via this list, or via
>> jabber: pete4abw at jabber.org
>> ICQ: 73676357
>
> Hi!
>
> Just let garnome compile and install firefox from the "bootstrap" folder
> using "make install". yelp and epiphany compile then.

Why does it appear that garnome does not recognize apps installed in the
system library directories and installs many bootstrap and fdo programs?
For example, with xulrunner and its libraries installed, both yelp and
epiphany should have compiled fine. xulrunner was ignored.

Perhaps the issue is Slack. I've googled around and have seen some
historical problems with garnome and slack.

Even with evolution compiled and installed with garnome, all the button
icons were X and not visible with the exception of print and cancel.

I suppose I'll stick with my current non-slack distro (gentoo) for now,
shelve garnome for the time being. It's a little too much effort. I'm
afraid that in order to make this work, I'll have to install everything in
/usr and manually create slack packages. I'm not in the mood for that.

Anyone know what happened to the ordered build list gnome used to publish?
I can't unravel that from garnome.

--
Peter
+++++