Re: [ANNOUNCE] GARNOME 2.17.3 -- "do not go gentle into that good night"

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 02:29:02 +0100, guenther wrote:

snip...

> We just released 2.17.3.1.
>
> This basically is an "impatient release" brown paper bag release.
> Kjartan was in charge for the official GNOME release, and he happily
> accepted a *late* new cairo tarball, no earlier than 2 hours before the
> end of the scheduled release day (and hence about 2 days late). This
> came as a surprise to us. :)

Forgive my ignorance, but cairo is not a gnome project, so I am confused
how it could affect the release plans or be placed anywhere in the gnome
tree. Is something now dependent on cairo >= 1.3.6?

According to: http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/ExternalDependencies

cairo 1.2.4 is all that is required.

> To share the love, 2.17.3.1 incorporates cairo 1.3.6 (which fixes some
> important issues) as well as as 2 other bumps that have been rolled in
> between. Enjoy!

Thanks for any clarification you can provide! Keep up the good work.
--
Peter
+++++