Re: GARNOME 0.27.1 Patchset available

<quote who="Martijn Brouwer">

> Would you like to give a little more explanation on your decisions?
> Some you say you will not include are very nice IMHO.

Just rapid-fire; I'm pretty sure Paul is aware of which patches I'd view as
'enhancements' rather than 'tester critical'. :-)

> > > * gtk+-fileselector : replaces the file selector with Hongli Lai's
> > > better looking one
> >
> > Definitely not applied. ;-)
>
> Why? I build garnome on two systems, with this very nice patch.

It's a 'feature' patch, not a build-related or critical bug fix patch. I
would generally only include patches to fix problems that make GARNOME or
its contents untestable (such as Evo build fixes, major crashers in the
panel, etc).

You can always add this patch yourself. It's easy! :-)

> > > * revert-mozillaisms : adds mozilla as a build dependency to Epiphany,
> > > removes Galeon and changes the build dependencies for Mozilla to _only
> > > build the browser_ (and not composer, the mail client or anything else
> > > that Epiphany does not directly require)
> >
> > Not applied. ;-)
>
> I think something has to be done about epiphany. There were several thread
> from people (including myself) that got stuck at epiphany, because
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH is overriden by garnome.

The people who know they'll need GARNOME's mozilla can easily uncomment it
in the Epiphany or Galeon garballs, or just build misc/mozilla themselves
(so they don't even have to fart around with the makefiles).

                        We're passe with class, eh?