Re: Evolution stuff

Rodd Clarkson (r-list clarkson id au) wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Those tarballs have been added to f.g.o.  What are the odd's of getting
> and update to 0.22.0 sometime?
>
> Also, using the stuff Samuel Stingham supplied I get the following error
> trying to make install evolution:
>
> checking if gethostbyaddr_r wants seven arguments... no
> checking for db3 compiler flags... -I/opt/gnome/include
> checking db.h usability... yes
> checking db.h presence... yes
> checking for db.h... yes
> checking db3 header version... 3.1.17
> checking for db3 library name... configure: error: Could not find db3 library
> make: *** [configure-work/main.d/evolution-1.3.1/configure] Error 1
I think I hardcoded in the --with-db3= path in the Makefile, also it
might have something to do with your library search path.  Make sure
/opt/gnome/lib is processed before /usr/lib (or else it might find a
different version of db3).  It sounds like /opt/gnome/lib isn't in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH at all (or in your /etc/ld.so.conf).  But I could be
wrong.

> suggestions?  I used the misc/db to compile db3 and it seemed to work
> fine.
Suggestions include:
Don't listen to me (I don't know what I am talking about anyway)
Spell my name right next time please (maybe it was me who misspelled my
name though, I have been known to do that) ;-)

--
Samuel Stringham