Re: nautilus does not find the proper libnautilus.0 library

> > <quote who="Olivier Lecarme">
> >
> > > Nautilus fails with the following error message :
> > >
> > > nautilus: relocation error: /usr/lib/libnautilus.so.0: undefined symbol:
> > > TC_string_struct
> >
> > What is the output of 'which nautilus'?
>
> % which nautilus
> /home/src/garnome/bin/nautilus
>
> /home/src/garnome/ is where I put the Garnome built directory.
>
> > > Anyway, libnautilus.so.0 does not appear in the Garnome lib/ directory.
> >
> > It shouldn't; only libnautilus.so.2 should.

I noted that during the compilation of Nautilus, the following options
were used, in this order :

-L/usr/lib -L/home/src/garnome/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lnautilus.

/home/src/garnome/lib is where Garnome is installed.

I finally solved the problem using the following trick : I moved
/usr/lib/libnaut* in a directory /usrlib/Nautilus, then I compiled again
Nautilus from scratch :

- make clean in $garnome/gnome/nautilus

- make install in $garnome/meta/gnome-desktop

Now it works, but was there something abnormal in my distribution? The
libnautilus* files in /usr/lib had been created by an update then
upgrade of my Debian Sarge distribution.

Was my solution OK, too?

--

			Olivier Lecarme