Re: making xml catalog in Garnome-0.25.1

Jeff Waugh (jdub perkypants org) wrote:
> <quote who="Michael Closson">
>
> > So I am wondering, this could happen automatically by making the package
> > libxml2 depend on the package docbook-xsl-1.61.1, so that docbook-xsl gets
> > untarred in some appropriate place in the installation tree, before
> > libxml2 gets built.  And then the buildDocBookCatalog script could be
> > updated to look for the package in that location.
> >
> > If this sounds like a reasonable change to make, I can make a patch
> > against garnome-0.25.1 and submit it.
>
> If you do, please test that the rest of the software correctly finds the XSL
> stylesheets in their new place; otherwise, yes please! It would be great to
> have the stylesheets and dtd stuff in bootstrap/ - lots of people have asked
> for this, including me (so people can build GARNOME on odd platforms). You
> may want to check the Red Hat and/or Debian XML/XSL packages to see if they
> have any clever tricks.
You might want to look into this:
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs-museum/1.0/BLFS-BOOK-1.0-HTML/pst/sgml.html
This tells you how to get a working install of everything (except for
one bug, that I am more than happy to hunt down once I see it again).  I
forget exactly what it was, but it was something to do with "element"
not being recognized during the gtkdoc-mkdb command.  I seem to remember
it being some sort of forgotten variable subsitution, so some
CAPITAL_VARIABLE was left stale in one of the files.  I don't know how
much this helps anyone, but I am more than happy to help if you want.

--
Samuel Stringham                   /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Computer Consultant                \ /    Respect for open standards