Re: help!

Jesse Wagner wrote:
Looking this, you seem to be building garnome as root, Are you shure
that's it's what you want to do ?

Yes, unless I'm mistaken that by doing so I can make it "multi-user" by
adjusting everyones $PATH.

No need to build as root to achieve that. I normally use one user (lets call it "gnomeadmin") to build and install Garnome in a path available and owned by "him" (/desktop/g2). Then, by adjusting the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or /etc/ld.so.conf and running ldconfig; but only if you trust "gnomeadmin", or later "chown root:root /desktop/g2 -R").

Never had any problems using it this way, and it's much saner.

Hope this helps,
Danilo