Re: HP-UX & garnome: SOME SUCCESS (WAS FAILED)

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 04:54:21PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Matias Vidal">
>
> > I have made some advances... Thx you all for the tips. I have uploaded
> > some workarounds and pics, please take a look at them and tell me what you
> > think... http://nauta.homeunix.net/~matias/garnome-hpux/
>
> Thanks for this, really useful. I'm just starting to integrate a bunch of
> bootstrapping stuff for people building on weird or old platforms, so soon
> you wont have to bother about some of the build-oriented dependencies you
> don't get with some proprietary unices.

I've been using GARNOME on several Linux systems at work and
think it's great. Many thanks!

I tried once to install it on a Tru64 unix box, but it failed
on one of the fc_package targets. I didn't spend much time trying
to track the problem down.

So now that I hear that support for non-linux systems is on the
horizon, I'd be happy to test and give feedback on Tru64 and IRIX.

I'm particulary interested in the "build-oriented dependencies".
I've tried a couple times to get the DocBook stuff installed
correctly, but havent' managed.

So... if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

--
Steve Feehan
Unix Systems Administrator