re: Panel

On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 20:58, Mark McGrew wrote:
> >That's odd, I just installed garnome 0.10.1 and those entries are present
> >
> >from $HOME/garnome/etc/gconf/2/path
> >
> ># Now see where users want us to look - basically the user can stick
> >arbitrary
> ># sources in a ~/.gconf.path file and they're inserted here
> >include "$(HOME)/.gconf.path"
> >
> ># Give users a default storage location, ~/.gconf
> >
> >xml:readwrite:$(HOME)/.gconf
>
> Maybe it has something to do with upgrading vs. a new, first-time
> installation, or leaving the prefix in gar.conf.mk unchanged. I've done
> two builds of v. 0.10.1, and I had to fix the path file both times.
>
> If it's any help tracking this down, here is my system setup:
>
> --Slackware 8.0, slightly bastardized with some 8.1rc1 stuff

That is probably the reason--

I also run a Slackware 8.0 based system and was quite disconcerted to
discover that Galeon didn't work as advertised, but failed with the same
error message as before. Since I use a clean build directory and a clean
destination, I did a bit of searching.

It turns out that Garnome is looking for GConf info in /usr, but
Slackware 8 has GNOME (and therefore GConf) under /opt/gnome. (I
understand that GNOME is moving back to /usr with Slackware 8.1.)

Perhaps Garnome should be using gconf-config-1 --prefix to locate the
previous config files?

Cheers!

Barthel
--
      ld_barthel yahoo com | http://geocities.com/ld_barthel

Don't worry. It only seems kinky the first time.