Re: New aisleriot game: Hamilton

Hi;

Am Tue, 20 Sep 2011 16:43:08 +0100
schrieb Toby Goodwin <libresoftwaredesign gmail com>:
 in 1999, according to my notes, I started implementing my
> favourite solitaire game for aisleriot. A dozen years later, I got
> round to finishing it. (In the intervening years, among many other
> happenings, I finally finished reading SICP and implemented my own
> Scheme interpreter, so I'm confident that the code is of a reasonable
> quality.)
>
> Hamilton is a single-pack game of skill, rather similar to spiderette
> (although not as hard), and it has a unique twist. The game has some
> history: I learned it as a child in the 1970s, and I have found
> references to it in "Games of Patience" by Basil Dalton (London 1924)
> and "Teach Yourself Card Games for One: Patiences - Solitaires" by
> George F Hervey (London 1965).
>
> I have thoroughly tested code, and documentation for the game. Would
> you be interested in incorporating it the official aisleriot package?
>
> What's the best way of getting it to you, public git repo? bugzilla
> upload?

The preferred method is to open a bug in bugzilla and attach a patch
(git format-patch) against the aisleriot git
repo [ git://git.gnome.org/aisleriot ]. The file aisleriot/games/README
has detailed instructions on what you need to do.

Regards,
	Christian