Re: Build Environment

Hi Charlie,

It sounds like the issue is running OpenGL applications under VMWare.
 I suggest you try the following:

1. Running glxinfo to see what the system reports the OpenGL support as
2. Checking glxgears runs
3. Checking Chess runs in 3D mode

1. Ubuntu 10.04 should be fine to build on, as should any distribution
that ships GNOME Games.  However as we continue to make changes we may
require newer versions of dependencies and you may need to use a more
recent distribution release.

2. There should be no problems building in a VM.  I do this all the time.

Thanks,
--Robert