Re: GSoC: convert Gnobots2 to Clutter

2009/3/27 Diego López León <diega locolandia com ar>:
> Hi, I'm attaching the roadmap part of my SoC application looking for
> feedback from some mentor.
> My plan is to apply for convert Gnobots2 to clutter (as you can read
> in the subject :))

Great. Go for it! :)

To get extra points from me:
1) Implement it so that the game window can be resized
2) Currently the visual effects for "splat", "yahoo", and "aiii" are
just static images with text in them. Use pango to draw the text when
you reimplement that part. This will allow it to be translated.
3) A "danger-meter" that indicates how close you are to being caught.
A classic solution is to display a heart beating and as robots gets
closer it beats faster. Could be a nice way to help new users
understand the rules of the game.
4) Allow for overlapping graphics of robots/human. Currently the
robots have to be drawn very small. I saw (can't find it again) some
graphics where the robots were a bit bigger than their square and
overlapping parts were stacked when next to each other. The game logic
is the same but the robots can just be drawn a bit bigger to take up a
bit of space from the squares around it. I hope this makes sense :)

It sounds to me like you have a good grasp on clutter so that is nice.
Jason will have more insight there.

- thomas