Re: "I've got this great idea!"

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Vlad Volodin <vest 84 gmail com> wrote:
> I'm working on rewriting my game, and I was faced with some questions.
> They all are related to Clutter.
> Can you suggest my, should I use clutter-gtk widget to display my
> graphic? I didn't see this widget in aisleriot (it uses DrawingArea),
> but see it in gnometris. I can't decide which parent should I have. I
> saw some examples without Cairo or GTK-widget support, and they work
> fine.

Yes, you want to use clutter-gtk so that you can have a viewing widget
and still have regular GTK menus.

> What kind of a rule might clutter-cairo be? Can/Should I avoid this,
> if I want to draw static (for the first time) images (got from SVG) or
> not?

clutter-0.9 has merged clutter-cairo in to the same codebase as the
rest of clutter; it's no longer a separate package. I would work with
clutter-0.9 because we'll probably be moving to that API very soon.