Re: PyTetris (Possible Gnometris rewrite?)

Thank you all for your interest so quickly!

I think that I will continue hacking away at it to get it up to Gnometris standards, and try to think of a new name for the Fedora people ;) (any suggestions will be greatly appreciated).

Andreas Rosdal
As for doing this as a summer of code project, you would have to find
someone to mentor this. And get it accepted, see:
http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2007

I'm not looking to do this as part of Summer of Code, that post just seemed to be the most recent mention of any Gnometris development.

Also, the 2.18.x branch of gnome-games has recently added two new games,
and a lot of work on removing bugs in these is desperately needed. So it's
a bad idea to add a totally new game (with new bugs) into the code base
during this development cycle.

As you said, it is still very much a prototype and will definitely have to mature before it is added to any future development cycle.

Vincent Povirk
I need someone to remind me why we wanted to rewrite gnometris.
Without that bit of information, I can't really discuss it. And anyone
who tries to rewrite it will have to learn from the problems gnometris
has currently so they can be avoided.

Sorry, I can't help you with the first part, I just stumbled upon the post :).  As for the fixing the problems that plagued Gnometris, we should definitely get a discussion going if there is interest in this project.

- Steve