Re: Aisleriot / mingw32

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007, Christian Persch wrote:
Le dimanche 10 juin 2007 à 02:55 +0200, Andreas Røsdal a écrit :
Issues & TODO:
- Icons don't work.

I guess that's because the icons are installed somewhere the theme
doesn't look for. gtk_icon_theme_append_search_path(gtk_icon_theme_get_default(), ...)
should fix that.

I get this warning in the console:

(sol.exe:1600): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_icon_source_set_filename_utf8: assertion `f
ilename == NULL || g_path_is_absolute (filename)' failed

This is because I modified autoconf to use relative paths for datadir (and icondir). This is a cludge, and the right way to fix it is to use binreloc. I added this to configure.in in my working copy:

if test "x$platform_win32" = "xyes"; then
  gnomegamesdatadir="."
else
  gnomegamesdatadir="$datadir"
fi

and then replaced datadir with gnomegamesdatadir in the makefiles.

- Aisleriot and libgames-support assume that the datafiles are stored
in
$(datadir) eg. /usr/local/. On windows this is a problem, because the
data files should be relative to the executable.

Maybe we should add some binreloc API to libgames-support, like
gnome_program_locate_file, and use that to find all files? On win32, it
could then return the right paths after finding out its own installation
path?

Yes. I've been thinking about taking gimpreloc.c from the GIMP:
http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gimp/trunk/libgimpbase/gimpreloc.c?revision=19016&view=markup
However, it's not trivial to implement in gnome-games, because of all the DATADIR variables and derivatives scattered troughout the code.

- Moving cards quickly on the screen with the most will corrupt the graphics on the card.

Not sure what that means; could you show a screenshot of the problem?
Also, does this happen if you run it with the env variable
AISLERIOT_PIXBUF_DRAWING set to 0 ?

What I meant, was that the cards are rendered with corrupt graphics if they are dragged outside the screen. See:

http://www.pvv.org/~andrearo/sol-bug.JPG

Setting the env variable didn't solve it either.

  - Andreas