Re: Gnome Cards Pixmap

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 09:24 +0100, SmR wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Montag, den 06.03.2006, 20:43 +1300 schrieb Callum McKenzie:
> > Having said all that, I know several of the authors are willing to allow
> > their work to be licensed differently so something could be arranged if
> > that isn't suitable.
> That sounds nice. But I don't know how to determine the original
> authors. I just found the files and no copyright information inside (in
> the comments or something like this).
>
> > Which particular card theme did you have in mind?
> I like paris.svg, but bonded.png is nice, too. Both I found in
> "/usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-games-common/cards".
> Can you tell me how to reach the copyright holders? Because I think the
> GPL is a nice license but it doesn't fit in that case.
> Or do you think it is possible to use GPLed graphics if the code is
> under another license?

Richard Hoelscher <rah rahga com> is the person to talk to about
paris.svg. bonded.png was created by me from the parts that came with
the original freecell implementation which were in turn taken (I think)
from xpat2. Since the construction technique was basically to
screen-shot aisleriot with the various cards pre-constructed I am in no
way able to change the licensing. I'm not sure who is responsible for
xpat or even if I'm correct.