Re: Gnome Cards Pixmap

On Sun, 2006-03-05 at 21:05 +0100, SmR wrote:
> Hi,
> I just played the Gnome Blackjack game and then thougt about using the
> nice cards for an Addon for the LotGD (lotgd.net) game I'm programming
> for.
> My question ist, if I am allowed to. I don't know what kind of copyright
> is belonging to the cards.
All the art can be used under the terms of the GPL since the package as
a whole is. Obviously GPL isn't the best for art-work, but from the
point of view of the package that's what is easiest. There are one or
two exceptions (documented in the SVG file usually) but I don't think
any of the cards are.

Having said all that, I know several of the authors are willing to allow
their work to be licensed differently so something could be arranged if
that isn't suitable.

Which particular card theme did you have in mind?