Re: OPW; Where does the 500$ for each GSoC goes?

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
hi;

On 16 September 2014 14:22, Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet gnome org> wrote:

Philip said for example:

Philip has scarcely any idea about any of this stuff, as he already
demonstrated plenty of times, couple with an overinflated sense of his
importance and contributions.

<pvanhoof> My issue with gnome is that it wants to hate trying to help the
           (european) commercial world
<pvanhoof> gtk+ didn't really help the maemo-gtk+ stuff
<pvanhoof> That as a result meant that meego-harmattan got qt based
<pvanhoof> That's history, of course. But we did try hard to convince people at
           redhat like mclasen of the necessity to cooperate with nokia back then
<pvanhoof> Yes we did

that's, quite frankly, a fairly sizable pile of bull.

Philip has absolutely no clue whatsoever about most of the decisions
that went behind the transitions from Maemo to Qt.

As a person who was a full-time employee at Maemo during that time, I
can testify to that. *If* there was any technical reasons (there
weren't really), it was C vs. C++. The most important fact to keep in
mind here is that decision to go for Qt was not made by Maemo side of
Nokia. Keeping that in mind, I don't see any exaggeration in
Emmanuele's statement above.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)