Re: Candidacy: Andre Klapper

On 05/23/2011 01:59 AM, Andre Klapper wrote:
Why?
----
I don't have a grand plan or great thoughts to offer so feel free to
consider this a weak application, but with the great momentum that we
received by the release of GNOME 3.0 my main motivation is to help
pushing outreach and motivate more people to contribute and get
involved. Concretely this means "restarting" the gnome-love initiative
(Sri had some great ideas that I'd love to steal) and a better outreach
to downstream communities (e.g. with regard to translation upstreaming).
Focusing on getting new contributors was in the end that led me to the conclusion that I would not run for the board this year. I too want to focus on our new developers this upcoming year and in the end I decided I would probably do a better job doing that outside the board (because being on the board involves so many other things I don't feel good enough at). I am happy there are several other people who wants to focus on our contributor story too, and having one of us being on the board would be a good thing.
- Andreas