Re: Question for candidates

    What about translations, accessibility and other needs of minorities?

    For big companies it's *impossible* to support those needs but for
    community-developed software that's just what we do. And free software
    is what enables communities to get together and do the software they
    need.

For people in minorities, these are practical benefits; we just have
to inform them and they will appreciate the benefits.

For people not in those minorities, these features are of no direct
practical benefit.  If we only present them as practical benefits,
they are likely to say "Ho hum."

But if we present this as part of the importance of freedom, we may be
able to convince some of those people that GNOME is more ethical
because it respects the freedom that various minorities need.

So let's do both.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation