Re: What the board should or shouldn't say.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> wrote:
   Why didn't you just say that at the beginning of this thread? (The message,
   not the fact that the board should say it. I don't think people should wait
   for the board to say/do everything.) That's nicely worded and it would have
   been much more appropriate than many of your other posts.

He did not post it himself because it is written as an order from an
authority, and he does not have authority over other members.
He wrote the order he wished someone would give.

It would have been a misguided order, because it would have
misreprented what I said here.  My comment about Facebook was not a
rumor, and it was not about GNOME 3.  It was a response to a
suggestion for an app to work with Facebook.  That suggestion, and my
response, were both replies to your question about a longer-term
roadmap.

I spoke about Facebook since that's what the suggestion was about, but
the issue is broader than that, and Facebook is just an example.

Thanks for your input Richard, but can we drop the Facebook discussion on the Foundation list?  Everyone's position has been well staked out and right now our focus should be on the places we agree rather than disagree.   To keep hammering on the subject has already alienated a number of people who would be the ones who are best equipped to set the direction of GNOME (e.g. the developers).  We all need a breather from these exchanges between people we know will never see eye to eye.

--
John (J5) Palmieri